|Copyright: Bill Everett (Bill-E)
|Date Taken: 2008-01-13|
|Camera: Nikon Coolpix 4300|
|Exposure: f/3.4, 1/400 seconds|
|More Photo Info: [view]|
|Photo Version: Original Version|
|Date Submitted: 2011-05-20 14:51|
|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
|The Coolidge Dam, named after the 30th US President, Calvin Coolidge and dedicated by him on March 4, 1930, is 31 miles (50 km) southeast of Globe, Arizona on the Gila River. Designed, constructed and operated by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), the Coolidge Dam was built between 1924 and 1928. As part of the San Carlos Irrigation Project, Coolidge Dam impounds San Carlos Lake which irrigates 100,000 acres (400 kmē) in the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation. San Carlos Lake is seldom full except in unusually wet periods.|
The overall structure used 200,000 cubic yards (150,000 m3) of concrete and consists of three domes, which are supported by massive buttresses on 100-foot (30 m) centers. It rises 249 feet (76 m), with a crest length of 580 feet (180 m).
brech has marked this note useful
Only registered TrekLens members may rate photo notes.