|Copyright: Franco Degani (degani)
|Date Taken: 2007-08-08|
|Camera: Nikon D80|
|Exposure: f/5.6, 1/500 seconds|
|More Photo Info: [view]|
|Photo Version: Original Version|
|Date Submitted: 2007-11-04 0:59|
|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
|Taos Pueblo (or Pueblo de Taos), continuously inhabited for more than 1,000 years, is the ancient pueblo of a Northern Tiwa speaking Native American tribe of Pueblo people. It lies about 1 mile (1.6 km) north of the modern city of Taos, New Mexico, USA, on Red Willow Creek or Rio Pueblo, a small stream which flows from the Sangre de Cristo Range. 95,000 acres (384 kmē) are attached to the pueblo, and about 2,000 people live there. In the Northern Tiwa language, the name of Taos is Tua-tah, which means "our village." Taos Pueblo is a member of the Eight Northern Pueblos.|
Taos Pueblo's most prominent architectural feature is a multi-storied residential complex of reddish-brown adobe divided into two parts by the Rio Pueblo. According to the Pueblo's Web site, it was probably built between 1000 and 1450 A.D. It was designated a National Historic Landmark on October 9, 1960, and later became a World Heritage Site. As of 2006, about 150 people live in it full-time.
Only registered TrekLens members may rate photo notes.
|You must be logged in to start a discussion.|
Howdy Degani! Amazing blue doors. Amazing place. Very original perspective. Great effect. Cheers!
interesting texture and shadows - perhaps a closer crop (and a bigger size), will have given it more impact
Best regards, Daniel