|Copyright: Tibor Plank (plank)
|Date Taken: 2011-08-13|
|Exposure: f/11, 1/160 seconds|
|More Photo Info: [view]|
|Photo Version: Original Version|
|Date Submitted: 2011-10-01 9:17|
|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
|The museum is located in a traditional house built in the middle of the 18th century A.D (1764), by Ismail Pashe Toptani. The architecture of the building includes a closed corridor, a tower type, and is two stories high, with 60-80 cm thick walls. |
There are frescoes of the Baroque and Islamic style, witch decorate most of its main rooms.
Starting from the entrance it is possible to see the door lintels made of sculpted stone and the stone-paved roads roads. In this building there are many traditional elements of the area, dealing with traditional life. At the entrance, there are several models of natural springs, which testify that Kruja had in the past several such springs. The origin of the name "Kruje", comes from "kroje" which means "spring" in Albanian.
brech has marked this note useful
Only registered TrekLens members may rate photo notes.